Did you know that around 15.7% of people from Instagram are micro-influencers?
That translates to 157 MILLION micro-influencers!
They’re social media users that have between 1000 and 10,000 followers on Instagram, specialized in a specific area of the market such as health and fitness, fashion and beauty, and even luxury lifestyle.
Many brands are beginning to work with micro-influencers to review their products and these are 5 reasons why your brand should too:
1. They represent real customers. Although most people may admire celebrities on social media, customers realize that they are being paid hundreds of thousands to review a product and therefore are biased. However, micro-influencers represent the everyday person and many customers seek their opinions as they are more honest and it feels more like a recommendation from a friend. Believe it or not, these influencers may be the key to driving word of mouth and improving your engagement levels.
2. They are authentic. Just like you and me, micro-influencers see products online that they’re curious to try to see if they actually work. Their reviews therefore usually have elements of skepticism before being amazed by the results making their recommendations that much more authentic. This also helps build credibility for your brand.
3. They’re on top of social media trends. Micro-influencers are often trying to become more widely recognized and to do that, they need to stay relevant with their followers. They are usually on multiple social media platforms and are always aware of the ongoing trends. Applying these trends to your brand's product reviews can help increase engagement and views. For example, using trending music on a TikTok will increase the probability that it will be seen more through searches and appear on more people’s “For You Page”
4. They are affordable. Micro-influencers typically cost anywhere from $10 to $1000. This is a great option if you’re looking to explore the influencer space, build credibility, or create word of mouth for your brand without burning a hole in your pocket.
5. They target niche target segments. Working with micro-influencers will allow you to explore different segments of the market that you might have not even considered! Micro-influencers have a unique set of followers either because of their style or because it is typically made up of friends, family, or acquaintances, all of which have varying interests. This allows them to reach smaller pockets of customers and fill in the gaps of your target market that wouldn’t have been profitable for your brand to target through regular means of marketing.
Hoski’s Influencer Campaign package allows you to choose from a portfolio of thousands of micro-influencers, trained and ready to provide you with high-quality UGC. To learn more about this package and our influencers, book a free consultation call!